Children between the ages of 5 and 12 (16 on Gulf routes) can travel alone on Air India flights, both within the country and internationally. This is known as the Air India Unaccompanied Minors policy.
Major Highlights of Air India Unaccompanied Minors Policy
- Only Air India-operated flights allow Unaccompanied Minors to travel. They cannot travel on flights that involve interline travel or overnight stays.
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed to travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors.
- To travel, children must have an adult passenger with them in the same travel class.
- Alternatively, you can request to travel with an air hostess if you book the service at least 3 days before your departure.
- If a child is between 5 and 12 years old and traveling alone, they have to use the Unaccompanied Minors service. For children traveling to or from the Gulf, the maximum age is 16. This means that children between the ages of 5 and 16 who are traveling alone on Gulf lines must travel as “Unaccompanied Minors.”
- To book the Unaccompanied Minor service, you must call the Air India office in your country and send in the Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage Form at least 3 working days before your trip.
- When a parent or guardian travels with a child on the same trip but in a different class, the child is considered an “unaccompanied minor.”
Unaccompanied Minors Traveling to the UAE
If you are a child traveling alone to the UAE, please be aware of the following conditions that will apply to you:
- Minors are children younger than 18 years old. Their parents will have to fill out an authorization form with their local (UAE) and abroad addresses and details about the person who will be receiving the child in the UAE.
- For children traveling with another family member, their parents or guardians will need to sign a letter letting them do so.
- When going to or from Dubai Airport, a service fee of AED 165 or its equal will be charged.
- Download the Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage Form and bring 3 copies of it to the nearest Air India office at least 3 working days before your trip.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Service on Air India?
- Please visit the official website of Air India. To access the Air India website, simply open any web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- To book a flight, go to the homepage and select the “Book a Flight” option. To continue with the booking process, simply click on it.
- Please provide the details of your travel. Please provide the following travel information: – Departure city – Destination – Travel dates – Number of passengers. Please indicate that you require the Unaccompanied Minor service for the child who will be traveling.
- Once you enter your travel details, the website will show you the flights that are available for the route and dates you have chosen. Choose the flight that is most convenient for you and matches your preferences.
- Please provide the passenger information. Please provide the required information for the minor who will be traveling without an adult. Please provide their complete name, age, gender, and any specific needs or instructions.
- Choose Unaccompanied Minor Service: When you’re booking, you’ll be asked if the child is traveling alone and requires help. Please select the option for Unaccompanied Minor service.
- To pay for your ticket, go to the payment section and finish the transaction. This includes any extra fees for the Unaccompanied Minor service.
- You will receive a booking confirmation after you make the payment. This confirmation will include all the details of your booking, including information about the Unaccompanied Minor service.
- To ensure your child’s travel goes smoothly, you must fill out the Unaccompanied Minor form given by Air India before their departure date. This form contains the contact information of the person who will be dropping off and picking up the minor at the beginning and end of the trip.
- When it’s time to travel, make sure the child has all the necessary travel documents, like identification and any required permissions or visas, when they go to the airport.
- To hand over your child to Air India staff, go to the airport and check them in at the counter specifically designated for Unaccompanied Minors. The Air India staff will help the child with check-in and support them during their trip.
- When you arrive at the airport, the person you listed on the UM form should be there to meet your child. They will need to show proper identification.
JSX Airlines is empowering your travel experience! Use JSX Airlines Manage My Booking
to take control of your itinerary. It’s simple to change trip information, choose seats, add extras, and more. With a few clicks, have a smooth journey. Choose how to fly with JSX Airlines.
Boarding and takeoff
- The parent or adult guardian needs to:
- Make sure to take the child to the check-in desk at the airport well in advance of the departure time.
- Please remember to bring a valid ID.
- Stay at the airport until the child’s flight departs.
- An Air India staff member will help the child board the flight early and introduce them to the flight crew.
- The child will be told about the safety features of the aircraft.
During the Flight
- The flight crew of Air India will periodically check on your child during the flight.
- After the flight lands, someone will accompany your child to the gate.
Arrival and Pick-Up Service
The person who is taking care of the child needs to:
- Make sure to get to the airport before the flight lands.
- Make sure to have a photo ID that is currently valid.
- Make sure you are at the gate to meet your child.
Checking in is simple with JSX Airlines! For a hassle-free airport experience, keep up with their “JSX Airlines Check-In Policy.
” To guarantee a stress-free trip, become familiar with online check-in choices, airport check-in hours, and crucial rules. Travel easily and get your vacation off to a good start.
Some countries, like Spain and Italy, have extra rules for kids traveling alone or with adults. Make sure to find out what these rules are before you go.
Fees and Cost
- If you are a child traveling alone to or from the UAE, you will need to pay a handling fee of AED 165 or the equivalent amount.
- Children traveling alone to or from other places will have to pay the same price as adults.
Baggage Allowance for Unaccompanied Minors
The amount of baggage allowed for children traveling alone will be the same as the amount allowed for adults in the same class of travel.
Who is eligible for the Unaccompanied Minors service on Air India?
Children between the ages of 5 and 12 (16 on Gulf routes) are eligible for the Unaccompanied Minors service on Air India flights, both within the country and internationally.
Can children under 5 years old travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors?
No, children under 5 years old are not allowed to travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors. They must be accompanied by an adult passenger in the same travel class.
How can I book the Unaccompanied Minors service for my child?
To book the Unaccompanied Minors service, you must call the Air India office in your country and send in the Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage Form at least 3 working days before your trip.
What if I want to travel with my child in a different class?
If a child is traveling with an adult on the same trip but in a different class, the child will be considered an “unaccompanied minor” and will have to use the Unaccompanied Minors service.
What are the procedures for Unaccompanied Minors traveling to the UAE?
For Unaccompanied Minors traveling to the UAE, their parents will have to fill out an authorization form with their local (UAE) and abroad addresses and details about the person who will be receiving the child in the UAE. Additionally, when going to or from Dubai Airport, a service fee of AED 165 or its equivalent will be charged.