United Airlines prioritizes the safety and comfort of young travelers who are flying alone. United Airlines offers a safe and dependable travel experience for children who are traveling alone, whether they are going to a summer camp, a sports tournament, or visiting a family member.
In this article, we will explain all the important rules of United Airlines’ Unaccompanied Minor Policy. In addition, we will provide information about the program’s restrictions, paperwork, and fees so that you are aware before booking a flight for your children.
Key Points for United Airlines Unaccompanied Policy
According to United Airlines’ policy for unaccompanied minors, there are certain conditions that may be applicable.
- The United Airlines unaccompanied minor service is offered on United and United Express flights that do not have any stops.
- However, this service cannot be used for flights that are operated by codeshare or interline flight partners.
- The United Airlines policy for unaccompanied travel does not apply to any connecting flights.
- Children who are younger than 5 years old cannot travel alone, even if they are accompanied by another child who is eligible to travel alone.
- Teenagers aged 15 to 17 have the option to travel alone on United or United Express planes, or they can choose to use the unaccompanied minor service.
- United Airlines charges a fee of $150 USD for each leg of the journey when two minors are traveling together.
Parents and guardians should take the time to learn about the United Airlines Minor Travel Policy. This will help make sure that their children have a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
UA Unaccompanied Minors Guidelines for Same-Itinerary Travel?
Here are some important points to consider when two or more unaccompanied minors are traveling together:
- To determine if United Airlines unaccompanied minor service is needed, it is important to know the age of the youngest child traveling with other minors on the same booking.
- For example, even if the youngest traveler is between 5-14 years old and the oldest is 15-17 years old, United Airlines will still consider the younger traveler for their unaccompanied minor service.
- Please be aware that the unaccompanied minor fees apply to the youngest traveler.
- Children who are under 5 years old need to be with someone who is 18 years old or older.
- If a teenager between the ages of 15 and 17 wants to use the unaccompanied minor service and is traveling with another minor, please make sure to book both of their flights together in one reservation.
- When you book flights together, you can apply the combined United Airlines unaccompanied minor fee.
- According to United Airlines Flight Change Policy, minors can edit or change flights in case of emergency.
How to Book a Flight for a Child with United Airlines?
You have two options to book a flight: online or through the Customer Service Number. To make a flight reservation under United’s Unaccompanied Minor service, please follow these steps:
- To begin, open your web browser and go to the official United Airlines website at www.united.com.
- You can find a search box or a “Book” button on the homepage. To start booking your flight, simply click on it.
- Please provide the necessary details such as the airports you will be departing from and arriving at, the dates of your travel, and the number of passengers. Please let us know how many children are traveling.
- If you want more choices, like flights without layovers or specific ticket types, you can click on “Advanced Search” to make your search more personalized. If not, then move on to the next step.
- You will see a list of flights that match your criteria.
- Please review the available options and select the flight that best fits your needs and preferences.
- Please provide all the required information for each passenger, including any minors who will be traveling.
- Make sure to enter the correct ages of the minors to follow United Airlines’ Minor Policy.
- During this step, you have the option to choose specific seats for the minors.
- If not, United Airlines will assign seats for them automatically.
- If you need any extra services like more luggage or specific things during the flight, you can add them now.
- Please take a moment to review all the information you have entered, such as the flight details, passenger information, and any additional services you have added.
- To complete your booking, go to the payment section and enter the required payment information. Please follow the instructions provided to complete the transaction.
- Once your payment is processed, you will either receive a confirmation email or a booking reference number.
When you book, you can give information about the people who will drop off and pick up your children at the airport.
If you need to make changes to this information later, just call United Airlines and they will help you.
Over the Phone: To get started, contact United Airlines’ customer service team. Please visit the Help Centre Page.
- Please clearly communicate to the customer service agent that you would like to book a flight for minors.
- Talk to the agent to find out exactly what you need to do and what choices you have when booking flights for children.
- Please provide the agent with the passenger details, which should include the full names and ages of all individuals. Additionally, please inform the agent of any special considerations or requirements for any minors who will be traveling.
- Work together with the customer service agent to find the best options for changing your United flight that will meet your needs. Let’s talk about factors such as the times you prefer to depart, layovers, and any other preferences you may have.
- Please take the time to carefully review the booking details given to you by the agent. Make sure that everything is accurate and meets your requirements.
- Please securely provide the payment details that are required.
After your booking is processed, the customer service team will send you a confirmation email or itinerary.
United Unaccompanied Minor Travel Checklist?
From contact information to entertainment on board, we tell you everything you need to know to help your child journey without problems:
- Contact Information: Write down your child’s phone number so you can talk to them quickly if they need help or want to call you when they get there.
- Airport Procedures: Tell your child how to go through security, check in with United Airlines, and find the arrival gate. Tell them to wait for the United staff to show them where to go at each step of the way.
- Electronics: If your child wants to bring electronics, make sure they are fully charged because there may not be a place to charge them at the boarding area.
- Entertainment: Tell your child to bring games, books, or other things to do that will keep them busy during the trip.
- Arrival Time: You should take your child to the airport with you and get there at least 1 hour before a local flight leaves and 3 hours before a foreign flight.
- Check-In: According to United Airlines Check-In Policy, You must go to the airport desk to check-in. Minors who are traveling alone can’t use the online check-in option.
- Security measures: After checking in, parents or guardians will get a gate pass so they can go through the gate with the child.
- In-flight meal: Your child will get to choose one free item from the menu. You can buy more meals if you want to. You can also bring snacks and food in a bag.
By going through this full list, you can help your child feel ready and confident for their trip with United Airlines as a single minor.
Documents Req. to Avail Unaccompanied Minor Policy
The United Airlines ID requirements for minors are needed when checking in.
- Every young traveler needs to have a valid identification document, like a passport or an ID issued by the government.
- Each minor traveler must provide proof of their age, which is very important. This can be in the form of a document that confirms someone’s birth.
- If a child is traveling without both parents or legal guardians, they may need to have a consent letter or affidavit signed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who are not present. This letter gives permission for the child to travel.
- United Airlines has certain forms that need to be filled out for children who are traveling alone.
If you’re planning to travel internationally, it’s important to know that you might need extra documents like visas or travel permits.
Unlock a world of convenience with the benefits of using Sun Country Airlines Manage My Booking feature. Update seats, contact information, services, or make changes effortlessly online without canceling your reservation. Enjoy a stress-free travel experience with Sun Country Airlines through seamless self-service options.
Perks Offered By United Airlines Under Unaccompanied Minor Program
United Airlines now offers a special service for children aged 5 to 14 who are traveling alone. This service ensures that they have a safe and enjoyable travel experience. In addition, kids who are 15 to 17 years old can also choose to use this service. This section explains the benefits and conditions provided by United Airlines for children traveling alone, making their trip easier and more comfortable.
- To assure the young passengers’ comfort and happiness, complimentary snacks and beverages are offered.
- boarding priority
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fees and Charges
A United Airlines unaccompanied minor charge is applicable to the aforementioned service. The overview is given below.
What is the age limit for children traveling alone on United Airlines?
Children aged 5 to 14 can use the United Airlines unaccompanied minor service. Teenagers aged 15 to 17 have the option to travel alone or use the unaccompanied minor service if they prefer.
Can two or more unaccompanied minors travel together?
Yes, two or more unaccompanied minors can travel together. However, the youngest traveler’s age will determine whether the unaccompanied minor service is required, and the unaccompanied minor fees will apply to the youngest traveler.
How can I book a flight for a child traveling alone on United Airlines?
You can book a flight for an unaccompanied minor online by visiting the official United Airlines website and selecting the appropriate options for minors. Alternatively, you can call United Airlines’ customer service team and inform them that you want to book a flight for minors.
What documents are required for a child to avail of the unaccompanied minor policy?
Every young traveler needs to have a valid identification document, such as a passport or a government-issued ID, and proof of age, such as a birth certificate. If the child is traveling without both parents or legal guardians, a consent letter or affidavit signed by the absent parent(s) or legal guardian(s) may be required.
What perks are offered by United Airlines under the unaccompanied minor program?
Under the unaccompanied minor program, United Airlines offers complimentary snacks and beverages, boarding priority, and ensures the comfort and safety of young passengers traveling alone.
What are the benefits of using United Airlnes Manage My Booking?
Unlock a world of convenience with the benefits of using Sun Country Airlines’ Manage My Booking feature. Update seats, contact information, services, or make changes effortlessly online without canceling your reservation. Enjoy a stress-free travel experience with Sun Country Airlines through seamless self-service options.