If you’re flying with Turkish Airlines from the European Union, there are certain rules and regulations that apply to your flight. These rules are outlined in EC Regulation 261 of 2004. If your flight from the European Union is delayed, or cancelled, or if you are not allowed to board the plane against your will, you might be eligible for compensation from Turkish Airlines for the delay.
If the airline is responsible for the delay and it is within their control, you may be able to receive up to €600 as compensation. However, you will need to submit a claim in order to receive it.
EU261 Regulation Against Flight Delay
- You are traveling within or from the European Union, and
- You arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Your flight was not delayed because of unexpected events that were out of the airline’s control, and
- You were not given another flight that would arrive at a similar time as your original flight.
Flights Leaving From Airports Outside the European Union Are Also Covered
Even though Turkish Airlines is not based in Europe, it provides passengers with similar rights as European carriers under a law called SHY-Passenger. This applies to flights that depart from airports outside of Europe. Even if your flight doesn’t leave from the European Union, you might still be able to get compensation if your flight is canceled, delayed for more than 3 hours, or if you’re denied boarding against your will.
If your flight is delayed, or canceled, or if you are denied boarding, you have certain rights. These include the right to get a refund, be given an alternative route, and receive basic care like meals and accommodations. There may be additional rights as well.
Here is a summary of the compensation you can receive for flight delays, denied boarding, and flight cancellations by Turkish Airlines.
- The amount of compensation you receive for a flight delay will be based on how long your journey is and how long the delay lasts. If your flight is delayed by 3 hours or more because of something Turkish Airlines is responsible for, you may be eligible for flight delay compensation:
- For domestic flights, the cost of compensation ranges from approximately 50 to 100 Turkish Lira, depending on how long the delay is upon arrival (less than 2 hours or more than 2 hours).
- The cost of international flights can vary between €250 and €600 in Turkish Lira. The price depends on the distance of the flight, which can be categorized into three ranges: up to 1,500 km, 1,500 – 3,500 km, and more than 3,500 km.
- If your flight is delayed for more than 2 hours, you have the right to receive free basic care, which includes:
- Access to communication
- Refreshments and meals
- Hotel accommodation
- Ground transportation
- Turkish Airlines Denied Boarding Compensation: If Turkish Airlines denies you boarding even though you checked in on time, you have the right to receive compensation for being denied boarding. They should also give you a seat on the next available flight to your destination, without charging you any extra fees. If you are denied boarding on an international flight, the compensation you can receive ranges from €125 to €600. The amount you receive depends on the distance of the flight and the delay you experience compared to your original flight’s arrival time.
- Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellation Compensation: If your Turkish Airlines flight is canceled less than 2 weeks before your scheduled departure and your new flight has different arrival and departure times compared to your original flight, you have the right to receive the following compensation:
- The amount of Turkish Lira you would get for up to €250 for flights that are up to 1,500 km.
- The amount of Turkish Lira you would need for flight distances between 1,500 – 3,500 km is up to €400.
- If you are flying a distance of more than 3,500 km, the amount in Turkish Lira that is equal to up to €600.
- Right to Reimbursement / Route Change: If your flight is delayed or canceled, or if you were not allowed to board, you have the right to:
- If your onward journey doesn’t make sense, you will receive a full refund of your fare within 7 days, along with compensation. Additionally, we will provide transportation back to your starting point.
- If your flight gets changed, you can either take a different flight to your destination as soon as possible, without paying extra, or you can choose to travel on a different date, also without paying extra, as long as there are seats available.
- To get paid, you should reach out to the customer service of Turkish Airlines.
- You can choose how you want to receive the compensation: in cash, through electronic transfer, a bank check/payment order, or in the form of travel vouchers or other services.
- Exceptions: You will not receive any compensation if your flight is delayed or canceled due to unusual situations like bad weather, security concerns, natural disasters, strikes at the airport, birds hitting the plane, closed runways, medical emergencies, political instability, or social unrest.
- Discover ease in adjusting your Turkish Airlines seats with their Seat Change Policy. Navigate through guidelines, eligibility, and the simple process to modify your seat selection. Whether preferences evolve or plans change, Turkish Airlines ensures a smooth and customer-oriented approach to enhancing your travel experience.
Turkish Airlines Delayed Flight Compensation
The amount of compensation you can receive for a delayed Turkish Airlines flight will depend on how far you were supposed to travel and how long the delay was, according to EU261 Regulations/SHY-Passenger legislation.
For flights within Turkey, if there is a delay, you will receive compensation in Turkish Lira.
Under 2 hours
Exceeding 2 hours
For international flights, the compensation for flight delays will be given in Turkish Lira, which is the equivalent amount in the local currency.
Up to 1,500 km
Less than 2 hours
Up to 1,500 km
More than 2 hours
1,500 – 3,500 km
Less than 3 hours
1,500 – 3,500 km
More than 3 hours
1,500 – 3,500 km
Less than 4 hours
1,500 – 3,500 km
More than 4 hours
How Do I Know if Turkish Airlines Will Compensate Me for a Flight Delay?
To determine if you are eligible for flight delay compensation on Turkish Airlines, your flight needs to meet the following conditions:
- Your flight was delayed by more than 3 hours.
- There should not have been any unusual situations that caused the flight delay, such as:
- Airport strikes, Air traffic control issues, Runway closures, Poor weather, or Any Other emergencies
- You were not given another flight option that would arrive at a similar time as your original flight.
How Can I Determine if I Am Eligible for Compensation From Turkish Airlines for a Cancelled Flight?
If your flight with Turkish Airlines is covered by the EC261 Regulations/SHY-Passenger Legislation, you have the right to claim compensation if your flight is cancelled and you were notified of the cancellation less than 2 weeks before your scheduled departure. If you were told about the cancellation at least 14 days before your trip, you won’t receive any compensation.
You Will Be Eligible for Compensation, if
- If your replacement flight arrived at your final destination more than 4 hours later, it means that the flight was rescheduled between 7 and 13 days before your original departure.
- Your replacement flight arrived at your final destination more than 2 hours late, and there are less than 7 days left before your departure.
Methods to Claim Turkish Airlines Flight Delay Compensation
To file a claim for compensation or reimbursement for a Turkish Airlines flight delay, you can either contact Turkish Airlines by call or visit them directly at the airport. Please keep in mind that you will need to contact Turkish Airlines directly to make a claim for compensation. It will not be issued automatically.
Utilize Turkish Airlines’ Flight Cancellation Policy to navigate modifications to your flights. Investigate your alternatives, the rules, and the simple cancellation procedure. Turkish Airlines guarantees a customer-centric approach to arranging travel alterations successfully, regardless of how plans change or how circumstances change.
Am I eligible for compensation for a Turkish Airlines flight delay or cancellation?
Yes, you may be eligible for compensation if your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours or if it is cancelled less than 2 weeks before departure.
How much compensation can I receive for a delayed Turkish Airlines flight?
Compensation amounts vary based on the distance of your journey and the duration of the delay, ranging from EUR 125 to EUR 600.
Are flights departing from non-European Union airports covered for compensation by Turkish Airlines?
Yes, Turkish Airlines provides similar rights to passengers departing from non-European Union airports under the SHY-Passenger law.
How can I claim compensation for a Turkish Airlines flight delay?
To claim compensation, contact Turkish Airlines directly by calling or visiting the airport. Claims are not issued automatically.
What conditions must my flight meet to be eligible for compensation?
Your flight should be delayed by more than 3 hours, without unusual events beyond the airline’s control, and you should not be offered a similar alternative flight option.