There are times when unexpected situations may cause you to cancel your flight tickets. This situation can become more serious when you have to do it at the last minute. You can cancel a flight ticket from anywhere, whether you are in the same region or somewhere else. Do you want to learn how? If the answer is yes! Please refer to the detailed guide below for all the information you need to easily handle Turkish Airlines cancellations.
Guide for Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy of Turkish Airlines is very simple and easy to understand. If you booked through the official website, you have the option to cancel your reservation either online or offline. By doing so, you can request a refund directly. To understand that, please read the policies provided below:
- If you booked your ticket through turkishairlines.com, you have the option to cancel it and request a refund directly from the website. Additionally, you can only receive a refund for a canceled flight if you purchased a refundable fare.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, the airline will only refund the taxes. However, please note that the airline will also charge a cancellation fee.
- Under no circumstances can you request a refund for the penalty fee charged by Turkish Airlines.
- The airlines say that there are certain types of tickets that cannot be canceled. These include promotional fares, gifted vouchers, and travel credit vouchers.
24-Hours Cancellation Policy
According to Turkish Airlines, if you cancel your booking within 24 hours, you can get a full refund. However, there are certain conditions that the passenger must be aware of in order to claim the full refund.
- To get a full refund, you need to cancel at least 7 days before your scheduled departure.
- You cannot cancel tickets booked using the Smiles or miles program within 24 hours.
- The airlines say that if you cancel within 24 hours, you won’t get travel credit, electronic vouchers, or Egift certificates.
- If you cancel your booking within 24 hours, the airline won’t charge you any fees.
Flight Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
If your plans change, you have the option to cancel your ticket that was booked using the miles or smiles program. However, the policies for canceling Award tickets are different from regular cancellations. To learn more, please read the policy for flight cancellations by Turkish Airlines below.
- You cannot cancel your flight within 24 hours before it is scheduled to depart.
- To cancel a reward ticket, you can call the customer service phone number of the provider. However, please note that there is a cancellation fee of $300 per passenger.
- You cannot cancel tickets booked with award points within 24 hours.
- The amount you have to pay if you cancel will be different, ranging from $200 to $450.
Flight Cancellation in Economy Class
Here are some important things to remember about Turkish Airlines’ refund policy when canceling your economy class ticket.
- Airlines do not allow cancellations for these types of fares. If your flight is canceled, the airline will only refund you the taxes.
- The airline does not allow ticket cancellations under the No-Show policy.
Semi-Flexible & Flex Fare:
- Before your flight is scheduled to depart, you can ask the airline representative to cancel your bookings.
- If you cancel your flight after it has already left, the airline will charge you the same amount as your original ticket price.
- If you can’t make it to your scheduled event, you can still use your ticket by paying a cancellation fee and penalty for not showing up.
Flight Cancellation in Business Class
Here are some important things to remember when canceling a business fare ticket:
- You are not allowed to cancel your tickets. So, the airline will only give you a refund for the taxes you paid by giving you a travel voucher. You can use this voucher for your future trips.
- We do not offer refunds if you do not show up. If you cancel your flight, the airline will subtract the cancellation fees from the total amount you paid. You can then use the remaining amount to book a flight for your future travel.
- The airline will charge you $300 for canceling your ticket.
- We do not offer refunds for reservations that are marked as No Show. If you cancel your flight, the airline will subtract the cancellation fees from the total amount you paid. You can use the remaining amount to book a flight for your future travel.
- You can ask the airline representative to cancel your bookings before your flight is supposed to leave.
- If you cancel your flight, the airline will charge you a fee of $250 per person.
- You will not receive a refund for the cancellation fee in any circumstance.
- You are not allowed to cancel your ticket if less than an hour remains before the scheduled departure.
- If you don’t show up for your flight, the airline will only refund the taxes if your flights actually depart.
- If you cancel your flight, the airline will charge you a fee of $200 for each passenger.
Methods to Cancel Turkish Airlines Flight
There are different ways for passengers to handle their flights. You can use the methods below to either cancel or book it, depending on what you want to do.
- Go to the website www.turkishairlines.com and log in to your account.
- Next, go to your homepage and search for the “Manage My Booking” or “booking” section.
- Please provide your reservation information and last name so that we can review your flight booking.
- Please choose the flight reservation that you would like to cancel.
- Next, locate and select the “cancel flight” button.
- Once you have completed all of these tasks, make sure to follow the current procedures and confirm your cancellation of the flight.
- You have now reached the Turkish airline’s cancellation method. You can now request a refund and compensation using the form.
Once you have completed the cancellation process, the refund amount will be credited to your account within 7 to 10 days.
It’s common to have problems with the internet, and you might not be able to open the website on your device. If you’re having trouble opening the website to manage your flight, you have two options: you can contact Turkish Airlines through email or call their toll-free number. You can use both ways, whether you have a good internet connection or not, without any problems.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Fee and Charges
If you cancel your flight with Turkish Airlines less than 24 hours before your scheduled departure, you will be charged a cancellation fee ranging from $100 to $400. You can still ask to cancel your flight even after it has already left. However, if you cancel your flight, you won’t receive a refund and the original price of your ticket will be considered as the penalty for the cancellation.
Turkish Airlines Refund Policy
- If you cancel a nonrefundable ticket, the airline will only refund the taxes and will also charge you a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel a debit or credit card, any refund you are owed will be sent back to the same card within 1 or 2 billing cycles.
- If you don’t use any part of your ticket, the airline will give you a refund based on the type of fare you purchased, but they will deduct a cancellation fee.
- If you have used a portion of your ticket, the airline will refund you for the remaining unused portion of the ticket, but they will deduct a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking within 24 hours, you will receive a full refund. The refund will be processed within 7-10 business days.
Turkish Airlines Flight Name Change Policy
Turkish Airlines has a name change policy that requires the name on your passport, photo ID, and a ticket to match. This is the same for all airlines. If your name on your flight ticket is misspelled or has changed due to marriage, divorce, or adoption, you need to contact Turkish Airlines right away.
How Can I Request a Refund From Turkish Airlines?
If you have canceled your flight tickets with Turkish Airlines and want to get a refund, please follow the steps provided below:
- Please go to the website www.turkishairlines.com.
- Next, find the “manage my booking” tab within the “manage booking” feature.
- Now, you need to look over the flight booking that you previously canceled.
- After that, please enter the booking reference number and your last name as it appears on the ticket.
- Please click on the submit button.
- You can locate the options for refund requests that you have canceled.
- Make sure to fill out the refund form correctly and then submit your request.
- A customer service representative from Turkish Airlines will contact you and send you the confirmation code through email.
How can I cancel my Turkish Airlines flight ticket and request a refund?
If you booked through their website, you can cancel online or offline for refundable fares. Non-refundable tickets can be canceled with taxes refunded, but a cancellation fee applies.
What is Turkish Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy?
You can get a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours of booking, provided your scheduled departure is at least 7 days away. Exceptions apply for Smiles/miles program bookings.
How does the flight cancellation policy work for Award tickets in Turkish Airlines?
Award tickets can be canceled with a $300 per passenger cancellation fee. Cancellations must be made outside the 24-hour window.
What are the cancellation and refund policies for Economy and Business Class fares on Turkish Airlines?
Economy Class has different policies for Promotion, Semi-Flexible & Flex fares. Business Class fares also have distinct policies depending on the fare type.
What are the methods to cancel a Turkish Airlines flight?
You can cancel online by logging into your account or use the offline method by contacting Turkish Airlines via email or toll-free number.