Turkish Airlines has a name change policy that requires the name on your passport, photo ID, and a ticket to match. This is the same for all airlines. If your name on your flight ticket is misspelled or has changed due to marriage, divorce, or adoption, you need to contact Turkish Airlines right away.
You’ll need to provide legal documents like a marriage or divorce certificate or court decree before you travel. This will ensure that your ticket has the correct name. If you don’t do it, you may not be able to get on your flight. If your ticket needs to be reissued, you may be charged for the name change/correction.
About Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy
To change your name on Turkish Airlines, keep in mind the following tips.
- Turkish Airlines does not allow name changes on tickets, except in certain cases:
- Your name was spelled incorrectly.
- Your ticket does not show your full name.
- If you changed your name legally after buying your ticket.
- If you make a spelling mistake of more than 2 characters, add your first/middle/last name, or change your legal name, you will probably have to cancel your ticket and book a new one at the current price.
- Make sure your ticket has your complete name exactly as it is written on your passport or ID issued by the government. If your middle name is on your official document, it needs to be on your flight ticket too.
- If the name on your award ticket is not the same as the name on your Miles&Smiles account ID, you need to fill out a feedback form. You also need to provide a copy of your passport, valid ID, or other legal documents like a marriage certificate or divorce decree to prove that you changed your name.
- Make sure that the information on your passport, legal ID, ticket, and any other travel documents is identical. If you changed your name, you need to update your passport with the new name or show a legal document like a marriage certificate or divorce decree to the airport staff.
- You must use a ticket that has your name on it for traveling.
- You can’t change your name and surname unless there are specific reasons for doing so. However, you may be able to modify your booking if the fare conditions allow it.
- The policy for changing/correcting names on Turkish Airlines applies to all types of fares, no matter what class of service you have.
- According to Turkish Check-In Policy you can not name is incorrect on flight ticket.
How to Change a Name on a Turkish Airlines Ticket?
How you change names on a Turkish Airlines ticket will depend on whether you’re changing a cash ticket or an award ticket.
To change the name on a cash ticket or make other changes, you will need to:
- Find a Turkish Airlines sales office near you and get in touch with them.
- To get help with your ticket, you can either contact the travel agency that issued it or call Turkish Airlines’ Customer Care.
- Go to the desk for Turkish Airlines at the airport.
You can change or correct the name on a Miles&Smiles award ticket:
- You can give feedback to Turkish Airlines by filling out their online feedback form.
- You can use any of these methods:
- Find a nearby Turkish Airlines sales office.
- You can purchase your ticket from the travel agency, through this website, or at the Turkish Airlines airport desk.
To prove your name change, you must provide a copy of your legal ID or legal documentation.
Turkish Airlines Name Change After Marriage
You can do it. Turkish Airlines allows name changes for reasons like marriage, divorce, or adoption. However, there are some conditions that must be met.
- You need to show a legal copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other relevant document.
- If needed, you have to cancel and book your ticket again with your correct legal name. You’ll have to pay the cancellation fee, fare difference (if the new fare is higher), and service/admin charges (if any).
Option 1: You can ask Turkish Airlines if you can travel with legal documents that prove you are the same person to who the ticket was issued to. If Turkish Airlines agrees, they may allow you to travel on the same ticket if they add an appropriate remark to it.
Option 2: If Turkish Airlines doesn’t accept Option 1 or if the security protocols of the departing country don’t allow it, you should cancel your ticket and book a new one with your correct legal name. If you need to cancel your booking and rebook, you will be charged a cancellation fee, fare difference, and service/admin charges. The amount of these charges will depend on how you rebook.
Airlines Miles & Smiles Name Change
If you’re a Miles&Smiles member, you can change your name by updating your profile ID online or by filling out a feedback form. You can also do this at a sales office, ticket-issuing travel agency, the airline’s website, or at the airport desk (if you have enough time).
To update your profile ID, you need to provide legal documents such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order to prove your name change.
Turkish Airlines Name Change Fee
There is no specific fee for changing the name on a Turkish Airlines ticket. If you need to change or correct your name, you might not have to pay a fee, except for any admin or ticketing service charges. If you do have to pay a fee, you’ll need to pay the cancellation charges and the difference in fares between your old and new ticket, based on current prices. You’ll also need to pay any applicable admin or ticketing service charges.
- Turkish Airlines will decide whether or not you need to pay a name change fee (there may be an admin/ticketing service fee) if you don’t have to cancel and rebook your ticket.
- If you need to change your name on the ticket and it requires canceling and rebooking, you will have to pay a cancellation fee. The fee will be based on the fare conditions of your ticket. You will also need to pay the difference in fares if the new fare prices have increased. Additionally, you will need to pay the applicable ticketing service/admin charges for rebooking, which will depend on your route.
- With Turkish Airlines’ Seat Change Policy, changing your seats is simple. Navigate the rules, requirements, and easy method to change your seat choice. Turkish Airlines guarantees a seamless and customer-focused approach to enhance your travel experience, regardless of preferences changing or plans altering.
What is Turkish Airlines’ Name Change Policy?
To fly with Turkish Airlines, your passport name, photo ID name, and ticket name must all match. If you have misspelled your name or changed it due to marriage, divorce, or adoption, please contact Turkish Airlines right away.
What Documents Are Needed to Change the Name on a Turkish Airlines Ticket?
You need legal documents like marriage or divorce certificates to change your name. Before traveling, make sure to provide these documents to ensure that your ticket displays the correct name.
Under What Circumstances Can I Change My Name on a Turkish Airlines Ticket?
You can change your name on the ticket if it was misspelled, or incomplete, or if you legally changed your name after purchasing the ticket. If you want to make big changes, you might have to cancel your ticket and buy a new one at the current price.
How Can I Change the Name on a Turkish Airlines Ticket?
To buy cash tickets, get in touch with a Turkish Airlines sales office or the travel agency that provided you with the ticket. To get award tickets, complete an online feedback form and attach necessary documents.